***Lessons are on hold due to Sherman Island County Park covid restrictions
Learn to windsurf! We offer all levels of instruction...from Day 1 to Foiling to Forward Loops.
Lessons are 1.5 hours, and include on-land and in-water instruction, with a maximum of three students per one instructor. We can accommodate larger groups or do custom clinics upon request.
All of our instructors have years of experience teaching at multiple schools, and use ABK Boardsports and Tricktionary as our blueprint. We're passionate about helping you progress safely and stay addicted to the best sport on the planet.
To book, please pre-pay online and either Call Us to book a time, or include the desired date & time under "Notes" during the checkout process and we will contact you to confirm. We only teach during the ebb tide, so available times of day will vary day-to-day.
During June, July, and August we have instructors available on weekends. Booking online will ensure you are prioritized before walk-in requests, so book early!
For Beginner Lessons:
- Windsurf gear is included - Big, easy board and lightweight sail
- 2mm wetsuit and life jacket are included
- Lessons are taught during low tide - water is shallow enough to stand
- Cancellations due to high wind are rare but will be rescheduled
- "Beginner" means first time on a board, basic turns, harness, and beachstart
For Intermediate / Advanced Lessons:
- Gear is included upon request, including 2019 demo gear
- "Advanced" means anything from planing jibe, waterstart, shortboard tack, and chop hop - to old and new school freestyle (carving 360, vulcan, etc)
- Cancellations due to low wind are not recommended, unless you're already proficient at tacking a board while it's underwater, sailing without a fin, backwinding, low-wind waterstarts, sailing back during a strong flood, and clew-first sailing :) Safety and progression depend on your ability to sail in all conditions, with the sail and board in any and all positions! However, we strive to schedule lessons during favorable conditions. If you're not 100% satisfied we will re-schedule!
For Foil Lessons
- Foil gear is included - we use the Slingshot foil with a short mast, so you can ease into flying high. This foil offers a slow, controllable ride.
Please check-in at the shop before your lesson. Instruction takes place on a sandy beach 10 minutes drive from the shop. Happy sailing!
For refunds, please give us 24 hours notice so our instructors are able to plan accordingly. Thank you!