Tear Aid patches are the best repair material to seal leaks, small cuts, and blowouts in bladders. These patches are self stick (peel & stick) and can be used to patch any bladder material or color. The specially formulated adhesive is incredibly durable, making for a quick repair. Patches can be used on leading edge or strut bladders and also work in a pinch on the sail. The patch can be custom cut into many smaller patches for smaller repairs or pinholes. This pack has 1 foot of Tear Aid in an easy-to-display form at a discounted price.
- 1x 3"x12" Tear Aid bladder patch
- 2x alcohol pad
- Lay out the bladder on a flat surface and remove all wrinkles
- Wipe the area around the hole in the bladder with the included alcohol wipe and dry completely with a paper towel to remove any residue
- Round corners and trim the Tear Aid patch as needed
- Stick the Tear Aid to the bladder. Do not pull or stretch the Tear Aid during installation and the Tear Aid should go beyond the edge of the cut by at least 1"
- Massage the Tear Aid to ensure adhesion, and if you have access to a hair dryer can you gently heat the Tear Aid during the massage to help activate the adhesive